Document Required For VISA:
- Passport with a validity of at least three months beyond the date of intended stay. Indian Passports older than 10 years will not be accepted. Passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Two VISA application forms www.vfsglobal.com/spain/india dully filled in and signed with a blue ball-point pen by the applicant. (The first application form should be filled in original and the second one can be a photocopy).
- A Covering letter explaining in detail the purpose of the visit that the Applicant intends to take, must be addressed to the Consulate of Mumbai.
Requirements according to the purpose of visit
Two passport- photographs should be pasted on each VISA application form. The size of the photographs should be 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame and against a white background. The size of the face to be 3 cm,
Application form in case of minors
- If the purpose of the visit is a business trip, an original letter from the Spanish company or companies receiving him explaining the nature of the existing relation and the motive of the visit. It is not necessary that the company gets in touch directly with the Consulate.
- If the purpose of the visit is a business trip, all the documents that the applicant may deem appropriate to attach in order to show the economic situation of the company, the ownership of the company and the business activity undertaken.
- If the purpose of the visit is any other than the business trip (for example: conferences, participation in sports events, studies, cultural activities, etc.) all the documents which may justify the motive of the visit.
- One authorization form, signed by the applicant and the parents, will be required
- The VISA application form www.vfsglobal.com/spain/india has to be signed by the parents and copies of the parent's passports to be attached. If only one parent is travelling with the child, an affidavit on INR 20. - stamp paper is necessary stating that either parent have no objection to the child travelling. This affidavit has to be signed by both parents.
- However, if either parent is not in India or he is not travelling with the child, for example if the father of the child has a residence or work permit for out of India, an affidavit from the father is also necessary.
Air Ticket & Itinerary:
- Bank Statement on original 'Letter Head' of the Bank / Branch in which the applicant has an account.
- This Statement should be signed by the Bank / Branch Manager and should have the address and phone numbers of the Bank / Branch and it should bear a seal / stamp of the Bank / Branch.
- The Statement should show the entries for a period of three months prior to the date of application.
- Income Tax Returns for last three years and Foreign Exchange endorsed on the passport.
- Leave letter from the Applicants Employer.
- Confirmed return Air Ticket / Confirmed Itineray / Booking reference [If the Applicant only submits a confirmed booking / itinerary, there is also a possibility that on confirmation of the issued visa the applicant may be asked the confirmed E-TICKET as proof of travel.
If an applicant is travelling to another country / Countries before travel to Spain then the itinerary before travel to Spain is needed to be enclosed as well or tentative dates of travel to be mentioned in the cover letter if not included in the itinerary.
- Hotel confirmation from the hotel in Spain.
- If the traveler will stay, not a t a hotel but at the place of friends or relatives, living in Spain the hosts should submit an letter of invitation (Carta invitation) according to the following procedure:
Download the guidelines. The host need to submit letter of invitation (carta invitation) along with his passport copy (mandatory for all) and work permit ( if he is not Spanish National) at police station to process the invitation. The length of this process could vary in different cities, and the processing time can be from one week to several weeks.
Upon receiving letter of invitation (carta invitation) the host should send it to applicant traveler in India and applicant traveler should submit to VISA officer.
- Proof of travel insurance, for a minimum of 30,000 Euros, to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and / or emergency hospital treatment.